PDS Tech Inc Composite Structural Components Analysis Design Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a candidate for the Sr Mechanical Design Engineer position located in Phoenix, AZ.
The engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing, and field support of static structure components which must meet requirements for life, cost, weight, maintainability, and durability.
The engineer must address stress, strength, vibration, heat transfer, deflection, fatigue life, containment, material selection, etc. in evaluating parts.
The materials are common aerospace materials including composites and superalloys.
The scope of work includes creation and development of design solutions for newly proposed and existing products.
Assessment of discrepant hardware will be needed periodically to support the integrated supply chain.
Analytical results will be presented in design reviews and with appropriate documentation to meet program deliverables and requirements.
Applicant must work effectively with design teams, global support, suppliers, customers, and chief engineers.
• Candidate must have technical competence and proficiency in performing structural stress analysis using techniques such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and utilizing software tools such as ANSYS Workbench.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Candidates must be U.S. Citizen only
• Experience with composite structural components analysis.
• Experienced user of analysis tools ANSYS, NASTRAN, and LS DYNA or equivalent preferred.
• Develop effective test plans and perform data reduction with test results to make well-thought out decisions.
• Capable of performing complex stress analyses and hand calculations of engine components
• Advanced knowledge of solid mechanics, fatigue, heat transfer, thermodynamics and finite element analysis
• Good interpersonal and team skills to improve engineering-manufacturing integration.
• Demonstrates sense of urgency to address issues and proactively and appropriately escalates issues as needed.
• Applies well-established technical methodologies and practices including Design Criteria, Guidelines, and Practices.
• Supports process improvement initiatives and activities such as Design to Cost (DTC), client's User Experience (HUE), Technical Excellence Teams (TET), and APQP
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
Immediate 401(k) eligibility
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, check out http://www.pdstech.com/
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details
To find a recruiter near you, look at our Branch Locator. at http://www.pdstech.com/pds_locations.htm