State of Arizona CQI Project Specialist in PHOENIX, Arizona
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
150 N. 18th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85007
“Promoting_ Health and Wellness for all Arizonans”_is the motto of the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). ADHS promotes and protects the health of Arizona’s children and adults and sets the standard for personal and community health through direct care, science, public policy and leadership. ADHS is one of the largest departments in Arizona State Government with a budget of $1.5 billion dollars and a workforce of approximately 1600 employees.
CQI Project Specialist
Division for Planning and Operations
Open until filled
The CQI Project Specialist is responsible for providing assistance to support and monitor process improvement projects, including Kaizen events. This position will also assist the CQI team with agency efforts to continue to transform the culture to solve problems and to improve processes in support of the Governor’s vision to promote a lean, efficient government for the citizens of Arizona.
– Providing assistance to CQI projects based on repeatable standards and practices.
– Monitoring agency CQI projects and efforts and ensuring that data relating to improvements is developed gathered and made available to management.
– Supporting project progress and escalating issues as appropriate.
– Working cross-functionally to prepare, distribute and communicate projects status
– Supporting a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of ADHS, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
Requires Knowledge Of:
– Quality management, performance management and continuous improvement and lean tools and principles
– Performance management (PM) and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) methods in a public health setting
Requires Skills In:
– Data analysis
– Microsoft Office and other related programs
– Prioritizing and planning work activities
– Verbal and written communication for diverse audiences and settings
Requires Ability to:
– Communicate effectively and develop relationships across all levels of the agency
– Learn the agency’s methodologies, tools, policies, and procedures
– Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
– Identify opportunities for use of solutions to improve efficiency and reduce waste
– Set goals and objectives
− Possession and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12)
– 1-2 years of experience in project coordination (or equivalent experience)
– Preference will be given to candidates with prior Public Health experience
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
− Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
− Accrued vacation pay and sick days
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Deferred compensation plan
− Credit union membership
− Wellness plans
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
− Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
− All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
− Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email[email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance.
Post Date: 10/18/2016
Category: BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL