State of Arizona EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST in PHOENIX, Arizona
STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
The mission of the State Board for Charter Schools is to improve public education in Arizona by sponsoring charter schools that provide quality educational choices.
Visit our website at www.asbcs.az.gov
EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST
1616 West Adams, Suite 170 – Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Arizona State Board for Charter Schools reviews new and renewal applications and grants charters to qualified applicants. The Board also oversees all aspects of the charter school it sponsors, which includes academic, financial, and statutory compliance as well as adherence to the terms and conditions in the charter contract.
The Board is currently seeking an Education Program Specialist to monitor the academic programs and related compliance areas of charter schools. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the new charter application process
- Conducting first year site visits to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Assisting with preparation of staff reports and any Board materials
- Assisting staff with the review of academic programs
- Other duties related to the Board’s oversight of the schools it sponsors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Laws, rules, and policies applicable to charter schools
- Arizona College and Career Ready Standards
- Best practices associated with instruction, assessment, and use of data to drive instructional decisions
- Evaluating academic curriculum, instructional strategies, and student activities for alignment to State Academic Standards to ensure students receive appropriate instruction
- Compiling, organizing, and analyzing data including statistical analysis
- Drawing clear and logical conclusions and identifying supporting evidence
- Organizing tasks and managing projects to ensure timely completion
- Communicating clearly, concisely, and effectively both in oral and written formats
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, state and federal officials, and members of the public
- Make decisions regarding a range of instructional delivery methods and practices of education management
- Plan and conduct onsite visits to charter schools
- Access and compile information from various sources (database, internet, charter folders, etc.)
A Degree in Education and experience in the evaluation of academic programs is required for this position. Advanced degree in educational research or curriculum development is preferred.
This individual in this position will be required to travel throughout the state.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
- Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
- Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
- Accrued vacation pay and sick days
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Deferred compensation plan
- Credit union membership
- Wellness plans
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email[email protected] or call 602-542-4700for assistance.
Post Date: 10/18/2016