State of Arizona FORESTRY CONSERVATION EDUCATOR in PHOENIX, Arizona
The mission of the Arizona State Forestry division is to manage and reduce wildfire risk to Arizona’s people, communities, and wildland areas and provide forest resource stewardship through strategic implementation of forest health policies and cooperative forestry assistance programs.
Urban & Community Forestry Conservation Educator
1110 West Washington Street, Suite 100 – Phoenix, Arizona 85007
*(Possibly working in Phoenix or Tucson) *
* JOB SUMMARY*
PART-TIME (20 hours per week)
The Department of Forestry and Fire Management is seeking a part-time Urban & Community Forestry Conservation Educator who will be responsible for assisting with program development and delivery of the Department’s Urban & Community Forestry Program. This position’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing and maintaining a robust conservation education program
- Supporting other Cooperative Forestry (Forest Health, Stewardship/Legacy and Wood Utilization) and Fire Prevention/Education programs
- Supporting conservation education initiatives statewide and building a strong statewide network for program delivery
- Serving as the main contact for conservation education initiatives and projects; providing leadership for Cooperative Forestry outreach activities and events including editing the Urban Tree Talk newsletter and planning the State’s Arbor Day celebrations
* KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES*
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Project and program coordination (5 – 10 years of professional experience in demonstrated ability)
- Common Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and experience using InDesign and other design software
- Curriculum development for Arizona Schools and natural resources
- Event organization and hosting; organizing agendas, field trips and event notifications/communications
- Project management (output) and program management (outcome) techniques
- Arizona’s diverse ecosystems and their relationships
- Conservation education and best practices
- Project budget management (At least 5 years of experience)
- Both written and verbal communication, this role must be able to present in front of small and large groups
- Conservation education or environmental education in informal settings
- Listserv and database management, familiarity with using Constant Contact
- Time management
- Leading initiatives and working with groups
- Written and oral communication
- Manage multiple programs and projects simultaneously to ensure deliverables are consistent, reliable, accurate and timely
- Identify, promote and implement projects
- Create, engage and support networks within environmental education in Arizona
- Prioritize, plan, analyze and coordinate projects
- Master's degree in natural resources, environmental education, forestry horticulture or a closely related field
The State of Arizona will provide the following to you:
- Competitive salary
- A robust and very affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- A top-ranked retirement program with 100% employer matched contribution
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accrued vacation and sick days
- Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as: deferred compensation, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- Rewarding work that impacts the people of Arizona
Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, environmental education, forestry, forest health/insects or a closely related field.
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance.
Post Date: 10/18/2016