Ameriprise Financial Litigation Representative (8783BR) in Phoenix, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/2677328 Job Description
Manage all aspects of litigated claims including coverage determination, investigation, documentation, evaluation, strategy, expense control and resolution. Evaluate and negotiate litigated files. Responsible for file strategy and direction of defense counsel. Work closely with involved parties to indemnify (compensate for loss or damage) our clients and the company. Present case(s) to peers as needed for roundtable evaluation.
Investigate, evaluate & negotiate litigated files within established guidelines and compliance. This is performed by having a thorough understanding of the legal system in the respective states and the tripartite (insurer, insured, defense lawyer) relationship. Apply knowledge of jurisdictional issues and begin understanding of extra-contractual exposures (to the company) to impact litigation resolution. Identify bad faith allegations and concerns. Attend mediations & trials as necessary (see below). Strong focus on appropriate reserving and regular review based on information development.
Determine claim file strategy and direction to indemnify (compensate for loss or damage) clients and others within established authority levels. Effectively manage matters with longer cycle times within litigation process. Begin gaining skills for expense management including case control, budgeting and direction of defense. Analyze lawsuit details and information gaps necessary to provide thorough evaluation of the file. Apply knowledge and assessment of the cost-benefit of settling at a certain level versus continuing to litigate.
Present cases as needed to leadership which may include General Counsel and other senior leaders for roundtable evaluation (coverage, time limit demands, settlement authority, etc.). Also reinsurance reporting as needed.
Representative may need to attend mediations, trial, arbitrations or present for legal activities (depositions, testify, etc.). This can include multiple days out of the office.
* 1-3 years of relevant experience.
* Prior litigation experience.
* Experience with personal lines claim settlements.
* Ability to represent insured (or company) and present information during trials or mediations with third-party involvement.
* Strong negotiation and organizational skills. Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Good conflict management skills.
* Ability to handle case reserves with majority of matters with non-complex to intermediate and some exposure to complex matters. Exposure to and initial understanding of coverage matters.
* Gain knowledge with on-line case legal management system including electronic billing from cases set up to disposition data completion.
* Ability to obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as required.
* A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of personal injury protection is beneficial.
* CPCU, AIC, and SCLA certification.
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance is a division of Ameriprise Financial, a FORTUNE 500 company. Through exclusive partnerships with organizations such as Costco, we are able to offer their clients our personal insurance products. We offer customers across the nation high-quality, cost-effective auto, home and umbrella insurance products.
At Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, you will work in a culture that is dedicated to driving results with a strong focus on our handle with care culture. Regardless of department or location, we all share in a commitment to our clients, each other, the communities in which we live and work, company goals, and delivering on our mission statement. We invest in our employees ith growth and development opportunities via Ameriprise University, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package. Benefits are effective the first day of employment for full-time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf