Verizon Wireless Data Analytics Engineer in Piscataway, New Jersey
Join our Digital Analytics team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will lead multiple medium to large-scale projects and guide staff members & peers. You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects and staff members. You will exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
End-to-End Systems Analysis, Design and Analytics
• Extensive experience in Digital and Cross Channel Analytics using Discovery and Data Science.
• Experience with Quantitative and Qualitative data analysis.
• Analyze architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs• Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources.• Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.• Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.• Apply machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.• Research new modeling techniques and evolving technologies.• Guide others to assess system usage trends and identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs• Develops and reviews project plans, identifies issues, resolves issues, and communicates status of assigned projects to users and manager.• Present results and recommendations to senior management and business users.
Software/ Application Development & Architecture• Use complex algorithms to develop systems & applications that deliver business functions or architectural components• Design and develop visual dashboards.• Develop system architecture that improve designs & mapping form to function• Educate team members about integrating systems collaboratively & efficiently• Design and develop visual dashboards.
Database Analysis & Design• Lead & manage data augmentation, clean up and data quality issue resolution.• Responsible for providing line of sight to data quality and gaps where issues need to be addressed.• Validate that programs are operating on clean, correct and useful data• Encrypt sensitive information to protect the database from corruption• Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains internal and external data.• Homogenize the performance of the database and optimize system resources
Testing• A/B testing of hypothesis and models.• Test business processes/products across applications with an end-to-end process flow.• Directs quality of entire systems ensuring that the systems meet the needs of the business.
System & Network Security• Write scripts to develop programs that improve processing of access requests• Reduce security threats with dependable & reliable security tools & software applications• Evaluate how security impacts the design & development process of reliable networks• Provides operational support for Hadoop based Big Data Platforms.
Technical Product Knowledge• Understand a given solution to assess its alignment with business needs• Keep abreast of emerging industry trends to continuously update Verizon’s operations and assess how competition differs from Verizon’s current state
Technical Communication• Communicate the business value of technical solutions• Discover mutually beneficial solutions across customers while recognizing different styles
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Intelligence and Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with extensive knowledge in the application of statistics and computer sciences (Masters preferred)• 10 + years of related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.• 3 + years of experience as a data scientist, analyst or statistical modeler
• Experience with Omniture, Adobe Analytics and Report Builder.
• Experience with SiteCatalyst/Clickstream.
• Experience with statistical and analytical tools (R, Teradata Aster)• Experience Data Warehousing and Teradata SQL• Hands on experience with machine learning techniques• Experience with programming languages (Java, Python, or Scala)• Knowledge of distributive computing tools (Spark, Hive, etc)
• Experience with visualization tools (ex. Tableau, D3.js)• Experience with customer journey analysis is a plus• Experience with Teradata Aster SQL-MR is a plus.• Working knowledge of building self-serve analytics tools for business users• Ability to package analysis in clear and concise reports and presentations
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.