iconectiv End User Computing Support for Corporate IT - Job ID 1955 in Piscataway, New Jersey
#Location – Piscataway, NJ
At iconectiv, we envision a world without boundaries, where the ability to access and exchange information is simple, secure and seamless. As the authoritative partner of the communications industry for more than 30 years, our market-leading solutions enable the interconnection of networks, devices, and applications for more than one billion people every day. Working closely with private, government and non-governmental organizations, iconectiv has intimate knowledge of the intricacies and complexities of creating, operating, and securing the telecommunications infrastructure for service providers, regulators, enterprises and content providers. iconectiv provides network and operations management, numbering, registry, fraud and revenue assurance and messaging solutions to more than 1,000 customers globally.
As the world continues to change in ways we cannot even begin to imagine, we know that one thing will never change -- the need to stay connected. The world of tomorrow is counting on us, and we are delivering.
A US-based company, Telcordia Technologies, Inc., doing business as iconectiv, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ericsson. For more information, visitwww.iconectiv.com.
The EUC Desktop Support candidate must be effective at working with business partners who are/have experienced less than ideal circumstances during the course of their day interacting with technology. Must be able to flourish in a high stress environment. Candidate will be willing to be the face of the IT department and work with those inside and outside the department in a clear, convincing, and organized manner. Must be able to handle each situation in a manner which is appropriate to the business partner while recognizing and catering to their varied expectations independent of the situation. Candidate must be able to take clear and concise notes of issues and present them in a manner that varied teams will be able to understand. Must be able to demonstrate considerable knowledge of computer systems and techniques. Individuals will also perform technical work providing support for the operation of computer systems, operating systems, hardware configurations and network connections. The incumbent in this position is expected to perform assignments with a high degree of independent action and may provide some instruction or assistance to entry level technicians.
Responsibilities of position include working under direct supervision.
• Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
• Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Manage time efficiently.
• Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
• Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
• Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
• Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs
Required Qualifications :
• May require an associate's degree or its equivalent. Requires at least 3 to 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• A+ PC Technician, CompTIA Certified (Preferred)
• Experience with Operating Systems upgrades on laptops
• Manage RSA Token
• Manage cooperate Mobile Phones with different vendors.
• Experience with installing Microsoft Office and other desktop software on Windows laptops
• Experience with troubleshooting issues with Microsoft products like Outlook, Office 365 etc.
• Active Directory and laptop imaging MDT experience preferred
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to troubleshoot common issues on user laptops related to software upgrades, installs etc.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• Works under general supervision.
• A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
Relocation Benefits : This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore, employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled employer. The Company’s status is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.