Robert Half Finance & Accounting Business Analyst in Plano, Texas
A full-service professional accounting firm with expertise in traditional accounting services as well as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and systems consulting seeks a Business Analyst / Valuation Analyst. Job Responsibilities for the Valuation Analyst / Business Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial models and technical reports consistent with stated assumptions
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and engagement letters
- Complete valuation and litigation engagements
- Produce valuation reports
- Perform relevant, in-depth client, industry, competitor and market research
- Quantitatively calculate and apply appropriate discounts for minority positions and the lack of marketability
- Utilize and apply the appropriate valuation methods for each valuation project
- Analyze, comprehend, interpret, apply and adjust data from historical financial statements as is appropriate for each valuation engagement.
- Ability to effectively communicate the valuation process to clients and collect relevant data through written and verbal communication.
Selling Points: The company treats its employees well, and offers many perks.
If interested, contact Eric Ressler at Eric.Ressler@RobertHalf.com or contact him directly at 972-789-9590.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 844.539.2523 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Req ID: 04010-147961
Functional Role: Business Analyst
Postal Code: 75093
- Business Valuation
- Account Analysis
- BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and sound judgment
- Three to four years of progressive experience in business valuation
- Desire and commitment to excel in an entrepreneurial, high growth and team-based environment
- Two to three years of experience with purchase price allocations (ASC 805), goodwill impairment (ASC 350), creating opening balance sheets, intangible asset valuation, and in-depth knowledge and application of valuations related to fair value (ASC 820)
- CFA, ABV, CVA and/or AVA certifications or progress towards obtaining
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability and willingness to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships