Fairmont Restaurant & Bar Steward in Porters, United States
Restaurant and Bar Steward
**Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As Busperson, you will take pride in the integral role you play in supporting your Food & Beverage Colleagues and “setting the stage” for a truly memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados is a resort in the most blissful corner of Barbados. Endearingly English, brazenly lush and luxuriously captivating, The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados hotel and its Platinum Coast home is a destination perfect for all manner of travel experience whether romance, leisure or business. The five-star boutique hotel has 72 luxurious guest rooms and suites and is perfectly situated to serve guests wanting to embrace a truly Barbadian experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist Food & Beverage Servers in all aspects of the dining experience
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Ensure the proper set up of all side stations in the outlet
- Have knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Ensure cleaning schedule is adhered to and to the required standard.
- Sweep, mop and polish restaurant.
- Wash down bar; clean and polish equipment.
- Clean lights, fans, chairs and tables.
- Make sure all areas of the bars and restaurants are clean, including sideboards.
- Clean and mop lounge bar and equipment.
- Assist barman with transporting of stock from Department Store Rooms.
- Stock stipulated Food & Beverage areas with ice, as required.
- Make sure bar and restaurant equipment is correctly stored.
- Transport used linen to and from Housekeeping/Laundry for use in Food & Beverage service areas.
- Stock and tidy up Store Room.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience an asset
- Primary school education
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (*includes but are not limited to):*
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligable to work in Barbados
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Barbados-Porters, St. James-The Fairmont Royal Pavilion
Employee Status: Limited Term
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: RPV00081