Veritas Scrum Master in Pune, India
Experience: 10 to 15 years
The scrum master is a servant team leader of a software development team who removes blocking issues and ensures that the team adheres to and evolves its process. Following are the functions of a scrum master:
- Enables team to be fully functional and productive.
- Enables close cooperation across roles and functions internal and external to the scrum team.
- Removes barriers to incremental progress.
- Shields the team from external interference.
- Promotes continuous improvement by frequent operational reflections.
- Enables culture of facing the difficult questions lingering within the team and helps resolve those questions with mutual participation and any other stakeholders if needed.
- Shares responsibility for quality of work delivered by his/her team. Holds him/herself and the team accountable.
The scrum master serves the team to turn user stories and epics into working software. Responsibilities of the scrum master as servant leader are as follows:
- Coordinates and facilitates sprint/release planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and demos.
- Focuses on resolving blockers to keep the team concentrated on the engineering tasks.
- Shields the team from external interference that might decrease focus
- Ensures that the team lives by the values and practices of scrum
The scrum master coaches the scrum team, as well as others in organization. Responsibilities of the scrum master as agile coach include the following:
- Evangelizes and documents our approach to agile practices.
- Seeks out the latest in agile practices and rolls them out to other scrum masters with intent to roll out to the organization.
- Instill sense of urgency and integrity in team, along with a sense of team ownership towards commitments
- Coaches team on the estimation process. May also participate in the estimation during the planning meeting.
- Acts as a quality master, helping to ensure quality processes are followed within the team.
- Assesses the team's execution of agile and works on gaps.
Reporting and Communication:
Broadcasts metrics such as the following for the team (the list is not limited to these areas):
- Release and project plans
- Velocity and status
- Delivery ETAs
- Experiments and lessons learned
- Team morale and motivation
- Achievements and failures
- Plays a crucial interface role between the technical team and the product owner, ensuring there is good collaboration.
- Ensures the full team is clear on the product owner's current priorities; knows what and the why at all times.
- Ensures the design and delivery of the software solves for the priorities the product owner establishes.
Interfaces with manager for help if any needed for impediments and people issues.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Good to have knowledge of Agile tools like JIRA
Skills & Abilities
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Attitude of empowerment and transparency
6+ years working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to market
- Experience with scrum methodology and agile techniques such as user stories, ATDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, agile games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .