U.S. Army Medical Command Nurse (Clinical/Case Management) in Puyallup, Washington
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Puyallup, WA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (4 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (5 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:This position is located in the Madigan Army Healthcare System, Puyallup Clinic, Puyallup, Washington.
Puyallup is a city in Pierce County, Washington, about 10 miles southeast of Tacoma and 35 miles south of Seattle. Puyallup is home to the Washington State Fair. The Washington State Fair is also one of the ten largest fairs in the country, attracting over 1 million people a year. The city itself is built around the Puyallup Fairgrounds and the fairgrounds can be seen prominently from neighboring South Hill. The fair traditionally runs for seventeen days in September and, as the "Spring Fair", for four days in April. The fair serves as an anchor for unique local businesses and restaurants. "Do The Puyallup" has been a longstanding promotional slogan. Starting in 2013, the fair was renamed the Washington State Fair.
On January 1, 2013, Madigan Healthcare System became a tobacco free campus. This includes all tobacco products and electronic nicotine delivery devices such as "e-cigarettes." As part of this new policy and Madigan's commitment to employees and their health, newly hired staff may take advantage of one free tobacco cessation class.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Case Management), you will:
- Provide advanced practice clinical nursing, administrative and organizational skills in managing the continuity of care for the beneficiary populations.
- Educate both the patient and members of the healthcare delivery team about case management, healthcare and treatment options, community resources, insurance benefits, and psychosocial concerns.
- Engage in problem solving by exploring options to care when available and alternative plans when necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Participate in the identification of processes, systems, and practice metrics; and in determining measures of care outcomes for the population served.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Take disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimand, identify developmental and training needs of employees, provide and/or arrange for needed development and training.
- Not Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Registration: Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.* Specialized experience is defined as:* developing case management patient care plans, conducting case management discussions with a variety of stakeholders, and evaluating appropriateness, quality, and/or cost effectiveness of care. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must posses and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- If required, applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $79,520.00 to $99,770.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453541400
Job Announcement Number: NCMD166832891826627HM