Peopleclick Director, Product Marketing in Raleigh, North Carolina
Director, Product Marketing
- Job ID:
- Position Type:
- Travel Required:
Email a Friend
Apply with LinkedIn
The Director of Product Marketing will lead our product positioning strategy and execution to communicate our story to prospects, target customers, internal audiences and the broader marketplace. This position is responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders to develop and deliver product messaging and collateral to drive sales and the success of our products in the market.
This highly visible position in the organization directly impacts the success of our products in the marketplace. Successful candidates will formulate a product strategy and execute upon that strategy to position for success in the market.
• Determine product strategy to meet short and long term product goals. Partner with Product Management to understand roadmap and market trends to capitalize on market messaging to differentiate our products in the market
• Directs and owns the development of all collateral and content for specific product(s) including content creation, sales enablement, demand generation programs, and articulation of product strategy
• Develop and distribute product messaging including key features and benefits through marketing materials and presentations to salesforce to ensure product messaging drives corporate objectives and revenue numbers
• Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and execute upon key objectives to deliver revenue and pipeline growth. Lead programs to ensure salesforce is on message and using best available sales tools
• Manage all content associated with products to ensure top quality collateral is created and delivered in the best avenue available. Own messaging and the creation of high impact marketing tools including product videos, collateral, whitepapers, web content, competitive analysis, etc.
• Articulate product differentiation in the marketplace to increase brand awareness of Company and Products
• Provide product information and messaging to meet internal and external needs
• Manage competitive analysis that will assist the sales organization address competitive situations
• Conduct ROI assessment post program rollout to evaluate program effectiveness. Take learnings and apply them to future programs to leverage best practices and improvement and track product awareness and ROI of programs for specified products.
• Monitor market and industry trends and identify their impact on the company strategy.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior product marketing role
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
• Proven experience managing product marketing for a portfolio of software products
• Strong writing skills with the ability to tell a compelling story using words, images, video;
• Strong project management skills, able to manage expectations, working cross functionally to deliver projects within scope and budget.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to document and communicate with internal and external resources
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail required to ensure accuracy and effective execution
• Excellent leadership skills at all levels of the organization, including cross functional teams
• Proven ability to take ownership for product and solution areas, outline a strategy for attacking the market, and execute with strong attention to detail
• Able to travel 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.