SoSi Project Manager in Ramstein, Germany
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-160912-4631: Project Manager
Job Category Intelligence
Duty Location Overseas - Germany - Ramstein
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 1-160912-4631
SOS International LLC (SOSi)isseeking a highly qualified Project Manager to manage and execute a USAir Forces Europe (USAFE) Advisory and Assistance Services III (A&ASIII) program task order at Ramstein Air Base in Germany. The ProjectManager is responsible for Communications and Information (C&I)long- and mid-range planning in the European Theater and serves astechnical advisor and consultant to the European InfrastructureConsolidation (EIC) branch chief. The Project Manager shall beresponsible for ensuring HQ USAFE's communications and informationsystems architectures evolve with new technology and assure that systemsmeet interoperability requirements to satisfy future USAFE Theater andin-garrison responsive command, control, communications, computer, andintelligence (C4 I) requirements. In addition, the Project Manager willadvise the director and other senior staff officers of optimumengineering standards and other technical considerations to observe inpreparing strategic planning documents and acquiring and employing C4Systems for all EIC scenarios. The primary place of performance is theProgram Management Branch located at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrate progress of all assigned tasks by providing weekly updates, including incremental versions of draft documents
Document program purposes, methods, advantages/shortfalls, assumptions, and conclusions.
Make recommendations for corrective actions necessary to improve programs and plans. Ensure that these recommendations and corrective action plans are documented
- Evaluate impact of new technologies on current systems and policies and provide advice and guidance on concepts, instructions, regulations, policies, and procedures to customer’s Program Management Organization (PMO), and ensure HQ USAFE’s communications and information systems architectures evolve with new technology
- Identify requirements and initiate plans for resources including personnel, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives
- Review implementation plans for all approved and funded strategic plans, interface with appropriate staff and outside agencies to execute those plans and advise PMO of optimum engineering standards and other technical considerations to observe in preparing strategic planning documents and acquiring and employing C4 Systems
- Establish metrics and analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical pointsReview all communication requirements from customers and work independently with HQ USAFE A6 and Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center (AFIMSC) Detachment (Det) 4 on all phases of construction design reviews. Provide input to PMO on construction/ communications MILCON/O&M design/phase planning leading to 100 percent successful facility design
- Oversee development of C&I MAJCOM Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Mission Need Statements (MNS), and ensure program milestones are met to fulfill CONOPS and MNS requirements
- Review plans and coordinate all phases of the acquisition, implementation and integration of IT assets
- Plan and develop methods, procedures, policies, and techniques concerning telecommunication systems
- Review and/or prepare project management, risk analysis, and communication plans, and risk mitigation documents for the project and review project management plans to include work breakdown structure (WBS) and Gantt chart
- Drafts meeting minutes, quad charts, weekly, and monthly reports as required
- Travels within the European theater to project sites (Germany, U.K., Italy, and other locations) as required
- Current Secret clearance required
- At least four years’ experience in Data Center Architecture, technical writing (specifically of CONOPs documents), System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and military communication planning per Air Force MPTO 00-33A-1001, Chapters 19 and 20
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Thorough understanding of military communication and information systems infrastructure and the ability to apply this knowledge in order to make recommendations and draft plans and policy documents
- Demonstrated experience managing data center and network operations
- BS/BA degree
- Prior experience with the U.S. Air Force preferred
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- The standard work hours are 0730 – 1630, Monday through Friday for a normal work week of 40 hours; however, work on weekends and holidays in conjunction with temporary duty travel may be required
- Ability to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs