Washington State Career Services Specialist (WSS3 1945X) Redmond in Redmond, Washington
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Career Services Specialist - WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3) position at WorkSource Redmond. This position is a fully qualified, professional level employment counselor. This position works independently and spends the majority of time providing career services to job seekers, with particular emphasis on reemployment services to unemployment insurance (UI) claimants. The Career Services Specialist assists customers with basic UI questions and in contacting the UI Claims Centers; assesses interests, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities and matches job seekers to the most likely and appropriate jobs and career pathways in the labor market. This position facilitates job search workshops, provides individual job search assistance and referrals to other resources, and conducts Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) program functions.
The Career Services Specialist contributes to employment outcomes by supporting those looking for work in learning how best to look for work given their circumstances, and connecting individuals with skill training options when indicated. Successfully matching people with jobs that meet their needs and the needs of employers is the central purpose. This position may also directly assist employers with recruiting needs.
- Provide staff-assisted customer services; conduct group and individual in-depth interviews, partial and full registrations, and review job readiness, employment barriers and customer needs; administer skill, interest, and aptitude tests using formal tools; identify employment and/or training goals; develop and monitor service plans; develop recommendations for continuous engagement.
- Provide career and/or employment guidance and training information; refer customers to job search, training providers and/or resources through WorkSource and/or partner services.
- Provide basic information on how to apply for unemployment benefits; direct UI customer concerns, issues and problems to the liaison or supervisor; conduct one-to-one interviews.
- Schedule and conduct UI reemployment and eligibility assessments; orientation to WorkSource services; audit customer unemployment claims to ensure claimants meet work search requirements under the Unemployment Insurance laws; refer as appropriate to UI adjudication if an issue or potential issue is identified; develop claimant action plan and/or issue work search directives; conduct follow-up to assist UI office and customers.
- Facilitate Job Hunter series and other job search workshops.
- Facilitate RESEA orientations.
- Answer phone calls and direct to program teams; provide timely response and services through all forms of customer service (phone, email, face-to-face).
- Provide and maintain quality customer service; perform triage and direct customers to necessary resources; assist with access to services and activities.
- Manage customer flow in lobby and resource room/career computer center; keep staff updated on status of Request for Service (RFS) screen and subsequent updated systems, communicate new information and/or office procedures. Qualifications
- Awareness-level general knowledge of employment and training state and federal laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Working-level knowledge of characteristics associated with unemployed, dislocated, and disadvantaged populations.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Working-level knowledge of group facilitation techniques.
- Working-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10443
Department: Employment Security Department
Closing: 10/26/2016 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $36,744.00 - $48,060.00 Annually
Location: King County – Redmond, WA