MV Transportation Drivers in Reno, Nevada
Now Hiring DRIVERS!!
DRIVE INTO A GREAT NEW CAREER WITH MV TRANSPORTATION!!
We want YOU to join our team!! Many opportunities for GROWTH and ADVANCEMNT!
The Driver is responsible for safely operating a transit motor vehicle. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation.
( Training may be provided for those not meeting the aforementioned criteria ).
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME!
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm
Location: 2050 Villanova Drive, Reno, NV 89502
Can't stop by? Please apply online at careers.mvtransit.com
- On-Time passenger pick-up and delivery.
- Proper documentation of activities.
- Conducting pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
- Successfully performing scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame.
- Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
- Communicating effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two way radio.
- Adjusting to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes.
- Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and deboarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of emergency.
- Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
- Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
- Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk.
- Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Candidates must be 21 years of age or over.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a strong attendance record.
- Class B with passenger and air brake endorsements preferred, but not required.
- Safely operate a passenger transportation vehicle.
- Maintain a good rapport with the general public.
- Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures. Write reports in coherent, legible manner.
- Other functions related to the position may be assigned.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
CATEGORY: Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Transportation
POSTING ID: TNDRIVE77840_1476733240
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified