NV Employer Facilities Plumber Technician IV in Reno, Nevada
To apply for this position you must visit a Nevada JobConnect office for a referral and please bring a current resume. ---
POSITION: Facilities Plumber Technician IV
TYPE: Full time; permanent; 40 hours a week; Days and shifts vary
LOCATION: Reno, NV 89502
WAGE: $19.19 - $24.27 hour plus benefits
JOB CLOSES: May 29, 2017 ---
1. Three (3) years of journey-level plumbing experience maintaining, inspecting, and repairing plumbing systems and components in an industrial/commercial environment.
2. Graduation from high school or equivalent and completion of a plumbing apprenticeship program; or equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
3. Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester certificate, or ability to obtain within one year from date of hire.
4. A valid driver's license is required at the time of application.
5. Employer has strict policies on tardiness and call ins.
6. Ability to work as part of a team.
7. Employer conducts drug-screening test, a fingerprint criminal history records check, and security badging test. ---
There is one (1) position open. Both internal and external applicants will be considered. Applicants are required to be available to work all shifts (day, swing, and graveyard) 7 days a week - including holidays. To be considered for this position, applicants are required to indicate they are available for day, swing and night shifts (all three), and need to check the appropriate boxes under availability on the RTAA online application. Shift assignments are generally determined by seniority using a Shift Bid System.
The Facilities Plumber Technician IV performs journey-level inspection, installation, maintenance and repair work for all functions relating to commercial plumbing, including but not limited to; interior and exterior water, gas, air, storm and sewer lines, plumbing equipment, such as sinks, lavatories, gas and electric water heaters, fountains, ice machines, dishwashers, lift stations, sump pumps, air compressors, and backflow preventers.
- Maintain, repair and install plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, water heaters and hot water tanks.
- Maintain and repair pipes and fixtures, including auto fill and flush valves, backflow preventers, and opens clogged drains.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on plumbing equipment.
- Train and monitor the work of assigned employees on plumbing assignments; oversee and schedule the work of the contracted vendors for outsourced services; and inspects finished product.
- Maintain manual and computerized records; inspects buildings and equipment to locate repairs and maintenance.
- Prepare requisition orders for spot purchase of necessary materials and maintain inventory records of materials and supplies.
- Maintain training proficiency, wear and use of protective clothing, and equipment through continued educational seminars and programs.
- Receive work orders; confer with supervisors to determine work priorities and exact specifications of work requested.
- Develop plans, materials and equipment specifications, and estimates for plumbing related projects; requisition necessary materials, parts, supplies, tools and equipment to ensure that RTAA systems are maintained and repairs performed in a timely manner.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics; maintain records of work performed, inventory of materials, supplies, tools and equipment; prepare and submit reports.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, and equipment necessary in the performance of assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority maintains a drug-free workplace.