SoSi Computational Linguist in Reston, Virginia
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
EXOVERA-160921-4652: Computational Linguist
Job Category Linguist/Translator
Duty Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number EXOVERA-160921-4652
EXOVERA, a SOS International LLC company, is currently seeking a Computational Linguist to join our team of media analysis professionals in our Reston office. In this position you will help design quantitative analytic products in both traditional and social media analysis space. Experience in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning are a must. Some experience in data annotation tools and developing solutions that utilize Elastic search, R, D3.js, Shiny, Java, and Python is also highly desirable. Our engineering team is small as such this is an opportunity for the right candidate to apply original research and cutting edge techniques to design original products that have a high impact on our overall business goals.
- Develop/Enhancement of solutions for backend and frontend data enrichment, such as statistical topic, quote, and event extraction
Implement and extend NLP models, and improve visualizations for news and social media analysis; such as, Entity Extraction, POS Tagging, Event Extraction, etc. Responsibilities:
Serve as a key member of the Annotation Team to build tools for data annotation tracking and monitoring, including annotation progress, speed and accuracy
- Develop algorithms for data pre-annotation and collaborate with Tools Team on incorporating these into the annotation tool
- Explore and implement new technologies for linguistic data processing and annotation
- Perform error analysis on annotation data and use results for improving annotation guidelines
- Provide data summaries, analyses, and reports
- Support the development of web-based tools/applications
- Provide supervisory support for data annotators
- Work closely with NLP researchers, tools and annotation teams to identify needs in the data pipeline and tools
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, computational linguistics or similar
5 years of software engineering experience including the following:
- Strong scripting language programming skills
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a team player able to take initiative as well as follow a plan and work collaboratively with research and development teams
- Knowledge of databases
EXOVERA provides decision makers with a 24/7 intelligenceservice for global situational awareness.
For more than 10 years, our customers have relied on our advancedtechnology and human analysis to provide a rich understanding of complexregions of the world where missed information or missed detection of events canhave a significant impact on operational outcomes. Our cloud-based EV3platform provides a comprehensive, customizable solution for monitoring andanalyzing over 350,000 traditional and social media sites and over 1,000,000sources.