SoSi Contracts Specialist in Reston, Virginia
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
CORPORATE-160909-4628: Contracts Specialist
Job Category Contract/Proposal Administration
Duty Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number CORPORATE-160909-4628
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a highly qualified Contracts Specialist to support and execute contract administration actions of assigned projects. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting U.S. Government programs in the U.S. and abroad.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for preparation and administration of non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements, assist and follow-up with negotiations between subcontractor and Contracts Manager, and provide status tracking on a daily basis
- Provide support for daily contract management/administration to include preparation of contract briefs, execute and close out of U.S. Government and commercial contracts, and correspondence to Contracting Officers with regards to billing and payment
- Maintain the U.S. Government System Award Management (SAM) website, as well as other Government or commercial site registrations
- Responsible for accurate reporting of Individual Subcontracting Reports in the U.S. Government web-based Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (eSRS)
- Responsible for review and accuracy of U.S. Government prepopulated contract information in Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act Subcontract Reporting System (FFATA)
- Assists the Proposal Department in completing and reviewing contracting data to include assistance with contract volume, Section K Certifications and Representations, and filling out contract-specific details in past performance responses
- Maintain the Contracts Shared Drive in an orderly and consistent manner
- Assist management in process development and tracking implementation of all contracts and maintenance of the contracts tracking database
- Responsible for assisting in the periodic vetting of potential subcontractors, obtaining and tracking certificates of insurance and maintaining Representations and Certifications on file to ensure compliance with procurement guidelines.
- Provides guidance on contractual matters and advises on proper administration of company policies
- Advises and adheres to risk-management policies
- Participates in Contracts Department special projects
- Provides feedback to management regarding possible problems or areas of improvement, and makes recommendations to implement improved processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- At three to five (3-5) years’ related experience in government contracts administration/management, demonstrating increased responsibility
- Knowledge of industry best practices as well as governmental procurement regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills -Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and apply sound judgment to problem solving
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Excellent with Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment