Fairmont Assistant Banquet Manager in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Assistant Banquet Manager
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your communication and organization strengths as Assistant Banquet Manager, where you will lead and liaise among multiple departments to ensure each group function is truly exceptional.
Hotel Overview: * *
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the Banquet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Train Colleagues and supervisors in the absence of a trainer
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Contribute to departmental meetings
- Review all banquet event orders to ensure proper set-ups are in place
- Work with the Conference Services & Catering department to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling of all Banquet Colleagues in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in Food & Beverage required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving
VISA REQUIREMENT: Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have a legal work permit as per the local law.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Riyadh-Fairmont Riyadh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 23.Aug.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: RIY00197