Fairmont Banquet Chef in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
**Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your culinary skills and passion for quality as Banquet Chef, where you will delight guests of our group functions with the exceptional fare you create.
Hotel Overview: * *
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Lead and supervise the qualityquantity of the food offered, as well as coordinate the production as it relates to all banquets
- Review all banquet event orders to ensure all menu items and set-ups are prepared
- Conduct daily shift briefings to Colleagues
- Assist in the development of new banquet offerings and displays
- Follow payroll costs and productivity within budgeted guidelines
- Provide training for new Colleagues
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- DiplomaCertification in a culinary discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
*Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to): *
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift * *
Visa Requirements: Selected candidate will be provided visa to have legal work permit as per the country law.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Riyadh-Fairmont Riyadh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 24.Jun.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: RIY00178