Fairmont Cost Controller in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your organization skills and the values you model as Cost Controller will inspire your team – not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Prepare and analyze food and beverage costs on a monthly basis and recommend alternatives to improve costs.
- Assist in the monthly food and beverage inventories count and extension.
- Establish and maintain a database for food and beverage inventory stock including up-to-date pricing.
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all food and beverage items.
- Establish and maintain a cost allocation transfer system for food and beverage supplies to the various departments. Summarize these transactions for each financial period close.
- Cost all food and beverage items and where practical, input these costs into the point of sales system and generate monthly potential food and beverage cost of sales.
- Price all food and beverage storeroom requisitions and compute the following:
Monthly food and beverage actual costs by outlet
Monthly storeroom variances for food and beverage
Assist management in menu costing in order to establish menu item sale prices.
- Establish and monitor the following operational controllers in the banquets and food and beverage outlets:
Menu Items (ensure that they are properly rung up the system)
Liquor pouring procedures
Guest check void controls
Cash handling and check settlement
Operation inventories and reconciliations
Point of Sale system user capabilities and controls
Prepare F&B; reports as requested by management.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program.
Previous hotel accounting experience (Minimum 3 years preferred).
Excellent written and verbal skills.
Ability to motivate employees and proven leadership skills.
Familiarity with Financials System, Lanmark, Fidelio, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the position.
Must be self-motivated and possess a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter.
Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit required as per the local law.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Riyadh-Fairmont Riyadh
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Closing Date: 14.Mar.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: RIY00253