Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM) Management Analyst (Recent Graduate) in Rock Island, Illinois
Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM)
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Rock Island, IL
Work Schedule is Full Time - Recent Graduates
Opened Thursday 1/12/2017 (10 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 1/26/2017 (4 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Business Development Directorate at the Rock Island Arsenal Joint Manufacturing and Technology Center (JMTC).
The Rock Island Arsenal Joint Manufacturing and Technology Center is the largest vertically integrated, government owned and operated manufacturing center in the nation, combining a wide range of engineering manufacturing, and quality assurance capabilities. The Rock Island Arsenal Joint Manufacturing and Technology Center provides distribution and supply support to the manufacturing mission; is ISO 9001:2000 certified, and consists of over 1.5 million square feet of manufacturing space.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program.
Click herefor more information on Pathways program participants. The Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Department of Army intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position. To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 1 year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/graduates/
Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program Eligibles Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply.
As a Management Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for issues relating to labor processes and directorate performance metrics.
- Advises directorate supervisors on operational performance issues.
- Serves as Rock Island Arsenal-Joint Manufacturing & Technology Center (RIA-JMTC) Estimating and Analysis Division representative, project/program leader and/or action officer for any of the following: documents management,
management of Mission Essential Task Lists (METL), , Execution System Deployment, and preparing various documents to support quality, safety, continuous improvement initiatives, and production related matters.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor, branch or division chiefs, and/or director on a variety of directorate and organizational initiatives involving safety, production, continuous improvement, and quality issues.
- Reviews organizational procedures and regulations to determine requirements for internal compliance to include updating relevant regulations, Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other internal control documents.
- Provides status of ongoing audits, projects, taskers, programs, and assessments to director.
- Reviews mission and function statements, directorate metrics, and other organizational performance charts to assess performance, identify unproductive practices, and recommend corrective actions.
- Prepares and maintains the directorate metrics, performance measurements and reports, advises and provides technical assistance to director, division chiefs and branch chiefs in support of the establishment and sustainment of organizational metrics.
These duties are described at the full performance level GS-0343-11. The GS-0343-09 is developmental leading to such performance.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel required up to 10% of the time
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: assisting higher level employees in implementing system changes/upgrades to manufacturing systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-5).
- Superior Academic Achievement for GS-07: Successful completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with Superior Academic Achievement (S.A.A.). Applicant must meet one of the following provisions for superior academic achievement:
- A standing in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision.
- A grade point average of "B" (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent for (a) all courses completed; or (b) courses completed during the last two years of the curriculum.
- A grade point average of "B+" (3.5. on a 4.0 scale) or its equivalent based on (a) the average of the required courses completed in the major field; or (b) the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in one of the national honorary societies (other than freshman societies) that meets the requirements of the Association of College of Honor Societies. Grade point averages will be rounded to one decimal point. For example, 2.95 will round to 3.0, and 2.94 will round to 2.9. NOTE: If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) was taken on a pass/fail or similar basis, your S.A.A. claim must be based on class standing or membership in an honor society and you must provide evidence of your class standing or honor society membership with your application.
- Education Substitution for GS-07: Successful completion of at least one full year of graduate-level education that would have equipped the candidate with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work of the position. One year of graduate coursework is 18 semester hours or 27 quarter hours.
- Applicants Combining Education and Experience: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and graduate education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of management systems Knowledge of manufacturing production processes Skill in problem solving Ability to communicate
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include documentation to support U.S. equivalency.
Other Requirements:Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- If selected, official college or university transcripts must be submitted. However, unofficial transcripts must be submitted at the time of application.
- Recent Graduates must sign a Participant Agreement with the Agency.
- This position requires a pre-employment Personnel Security Investigation.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Please send questions regarding the status of your application, eligibility, or qualifications determination to USARMY.APG.CHRA-NE.MBX.APPLICANTHELP@MAIL.MIL
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Noncompetitive promotion potential to target grade. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
- This is a Career Program (CP) # 51.
Salary Range: $40,861.00 to $53,123.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0343-07/07
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Control Number: 461977800
Job Announcement Number: NCBG177866431893171PR