Allergan Sr. Systems Analyst SAS in Rockaway, New Jersey
Sr. Systems Analyst SAS
Rockaway, New Jersey, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/560/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 14, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, and formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Requires 5+ years of equivalent experience in the SAS and UNIX field. Familiarity with variety of the SAS and UNIX concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Define and document internal and external user interfaces, support system and data/process requirements. Work closely with business partners and IT teams to document requirements, develop design options and help drive execution of system modifications
· Support day to day SAS/UNIX related issues and business needs
· Perform SAS/UNIX Administrator responsibilities.
· Support prototyping activities that will validate business requirements, solution definition and minimize risk
· Willing and able to wear many hats on a project team (including business analyst, monitoring team tasks/status, creating status reports, creating as-is/to-be design views).
· Willingness to own issues, identify options and help drive solutions
· Works directly with team members from business sectors and application development and support teams
· Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks.
· Uses technical knowledge, creativity and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems
· Uses judgment and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
· May interface with senior management to convey information
· 5 years+ Experience as an IT business systems analyst and experience with large scaled IT projects
· Experience with SAS, UNIX/LINUX, WINDOWS, COTS environments required
· Experience on PC SAS and UNIX based SAS is must
· System and data expertise using Oracle Databases and MS SQL
· Knowledge of SAS programming, Unix shell scripting, SQL and PL/SQL is must
· Knowledge of SAS tools like SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Universal Viewer, OpenText Exceed and Secure Shell, Ultra Edit, nQuery is required
· Working Knowledge of SAS and UNIX Administrator functions
· Working experience with SAS Access Interface
· Strong knowledge in providing business analysis documents and process
· Knowledge of conceptual and logical systems and business process modeling
· Ability to coach and mentor other lower level business and systems analysts
· Master degree is a plus
· BS or equivalent degree