Volt Information Sciences Computer Repair/Electronics Repair Technician in Roseville, California
Volt is currently seeking an experienced Computer Repair/Electronics Repair Technician to work for our client in Roseville, CA. This is a long term contingent position.
The Electronics/Computer Repair Technician will be experienced in computer repair primarily on Intel iMac, MacBooks, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, and PC Laptop and Desktop. General knowledge of computer technology is essential.
The following is a list of the major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other Duties and responsibilities may be added as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Required to repair laptops and desktop computers; specifically all MAC products; some PC repair as well.
2. Required to troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and verify defects within a variety of computer desktops and laptops.
3. Conducts tests on computer hardware and ports.
4. Repairs desktops and laptops. Formats and installs operational systems on Mac's and PC's.
5. Completes repairs as needed on desktops and laptops making available for resale.
6. Audit of retail production line items to make available for resale.
7. Erases data from hard drives.
1. Experience in Apple and PC specific computer repair, required.
2. Certifications in computer science or equivalent training/education, required.
3. Prior experience in diagnosing and repairing computers, required.
4. Prior technical and electronic knowledge, required.
5. General experience in computer repair, required.
6. Prior experience providing customer technical support via phone, email and/or in person, required.
In today’s job market, “who you know” matters more than ever and that’s why you should get to know Volt. We’re one of the world’s largest recruiting companies, yet our success is built one successful placement at a time. Each of our recruiters has niche industry expertise, committed to connecting top talent with respected companies.
Through Volt's Military Heroes Program, Volt secures the talents of American's veterans and encourages their dependents and spouses to contact Volt. Volt is a member of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership and is proud to support the Wounded Warrior Project.
For more opportunities, connect with us online at volt.com/NorCal.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
-Prior electronic knowledge and experience required -Prior IT experience required -Ability to read and write English proficiently -Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations -Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors -Basic technical skills -Ability to follow work instructions and company procedures -HS diploma or equivalent -Apple Certification preferred
-Majority of time is spent with some sitting, walking, bending and lifting. -Must be able to adapt to new information in an on-the-job training atmosphere; be flexible with a changing fast paced work environment; stand for long periods of time; lift 40 lbs.; bend and lift several times per day; walk intermittently throughout the day; communicate clearly with co-workers and supervisor.
-Must be experienced in computer repair primarily on Intel iMac, MacBooks, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, and PC Laptop and Desktop. General knowledge of computer technology is essential.