Kaiser Permanente Cardiac Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist in Sacramento, California
Reporting to the Manager, Cardiac Cath Lab/Special Procedures, the Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist is responsible for performing a wide variety of specialized invasive cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that assist in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Performs specialized & routine diagnostic & interventional radiology procedures.
- Assists qualified physicians in fluoroscopic & special x-ray examinations.
- Records, stores, retrieves, & analyzes data obtained during procedures.
- Monitors the patient to recognize changes in ECG rhythm & pressure, document & immediately communicates to the corresponding physician.
- Assists w/ procedures, ensuring maximum compliance to principles of aseptic technique by self & members of the team.
- Provides imaging during procedures.
- Completes documentation, reports & data entry on computerized exams.
- Maintains & evaluates equipment, performs quality control tests, troubleshoots & performs minor repairs as needed.
- Sets-up, maintains & monitors IABP equipment.
- Acts as preceptor or assist in the training of new staff as well as functions as the department resource person.
- Identifies continuous quality improvement issues & assist w/ quality assurance program.
- Complies w/ requirements for being on off-hour stand-by coverage for emergent cardiac catheterization in dedicated cath labs or cadiac catheterization & interventional radiology procedures.
- Reports for call duty within defined time frames.
- Functions independently & autonomously when on stand-by duty.
- Demonstrates & applies knowledge in specialty area & takes responsibility to maintain necessary knowledge, skills & abilities.
- Completes required continuous training & education, including department specific requirements.
- Complies w/ established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood & other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, & other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrates knowledge & skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to patients served within the unit.
- Performs hemodynamic & dysrhythmia monitoring & documentation of procedures, which may include, but is not limited to the following: Right heart cath, Left heart cath, Coronary angiography, Graft angiography, Pulmonary angiography, Menthegine provocation study, IHSS studies, Temporary pacemakers, Permanent pacemaker implantation, Intra-aortic Balloon insertion, Aortic stenosis studies, Valvuloplasties, Patent Foreman Ovale Closures, Intravascular Ultrasounds, Rotablations.
- Operates & troubleshoots hemodynamic computer systems including transducer balancing digital imaging transfer, storage, & retrieval systems in addition to dispensing patient CDs to appropriate Hospitals & Physicians.
- Familiarity w/ the Crash Cart & the CVT/Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist role in CPR & defibrillation during a Code Blue situation.
- Responsible for Quality Control on radiology imaging equipment.
- Weekly Fluoroscopy checks & radiation protection for the medical staff & Physicians.
- Responsible for monthly statistics & quarterly film badge rotation.
- Assists the RN w/ admission process; continuously monitors & assists the physician & RNs during cardiac cath in dedicated cath labs or cardiac cath & interventional radiology procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- Completion of sixteen (16) week training program in cardiopulmonary technology upon hire.
- Must possess current BLS, ACLS, and California Fluoroscopy Permit.
- Must possess a current CRT license.
- Knowledge of contrast media (ionic vs. nonionic).
- Knowledge of coronary artery anatomy and cardiac physiology in relation to invasive cardiac procedures.
- Demonstrated competence with critical thinking, interpersonal, and technical skills.
- For a dedicated cath lab, demonstrated proficiency and competency in performing Cardiac Cath and PCI, within six (6) months of hire.
- For a combo lab, demonstrated proficiency and competency in performing Cardiac Cath, PCI and Interventional procedures, within six (6) months of hire.
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties on patients of all ages as determined by employer.
- Excellent verbal, written and non-verbal communication skills.
- History of providing efficient, high quality service to patients in a courteous, caring manner and interacting effectively with co-workers in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
COMPANY Kaiser Permanente
TITLE Cardiac Cath Lab Radiologic Technologist
LOCATION Sacramento, CA