Graybar Manager, Lighting Business Development in Saint Louis, Missouri
Graybar, a Fortune 500 company and one of North America’s largest employee owned companies, specializes in supply chain management services and is a leading North American distributor of high-quality components, equipment and materials for a number of industries. We are currently seeking talented and enthusiastic people for our Lighting renovation team. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth. The primary focus of the position is selling lighting renovation solutions to Graybar customers. As our Lighting Business Development Manager you would be the district champion and driver for lighting and energy business development and maximizing growth opportunities by focusing on the end user customer segment. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to drive compelling value propositions for our customers and become the district’s lighting and controls leader, expert, and resource. Experience in generating opportunities with new and existing Commercial, Government, and Industrial customers is critical. In addition this individual will be required to coordinate resources and leverage relationships with agents, manufacturers, and installers to create new opportunities that achieve the overall strategic goals of the company.
- Align Graybar’s corporate lighting initiatives to support the assigned territory’s sales and gross margin goals
- Assist the regional sales team to build an engagement plan to drive lighting sales strategies across all functional areas and to strengthen internal and external customer relationships.
- Manage and deepen relationships with key suppliers to identify areas of growth and training opportunities.
- Knowledge of the local Utility Rebate Incentive programs.
- Conduct on site assessments, create retrofit or lighting design recommendations, develop specifications and bills of material, and develop and present proposals for opportunities.
- Proactively manage category and sell price recommendations for the assigned territory.
- Assist the National Lighting Product Managers in the preparation, implementation, and tracking of both national and local promotions; make recommendations for stock and inventory levels; facilitate continuous improvement of products and processes, and the development of pricing strategies.
- Continually evaluate market strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Works in collaboration, and provides support and guidance to territory sales representatives, with the mutual goal of meeting or exceeding targeted sales plans and objectives.
- Responsible for establishing and deepening relationships with target customers for the purpose of creating specifications and growing business.
- Monitors territory for any concerns, competitor issues, or other factors affecting the business, and makes recommendations for improvements/changes.
- Demonstrates initiative in their own on-going professional development and keeps abreast of industry trends and changes through publications and seminars.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in generating demand in contractor or end user lighting specifications and sales.
- Assist in the development and delivery of lighting and controls training to support our employees.
- Ability to perform lighting assessments and present professional solutions, designs and proposals.
- Possess an intermediate or advanced level of lighting knowledge.
- Demonstrate that you have attended manufacturer training on lighting or controls.
- Knowledge of Energy Star and DLC programs.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Four-year degree in a Business or a related major.
- Seven (7) years of progressive lighting experience.
- Lighting Agency, LMC, ESCO experience.
- LC, (NCQLP), CLP or similar certification.
- Familiarly with AGI 32 or Visual software.
- Knowledge of Utility rebate programs.
- Experience with CRM software and principles.
- Ability to draft and understand ROI, IRR, and NVP financial documents.
Working Conditions Office environment. Occasional travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Manager, Lighting Business Development
Location: Missouri-Saint Louis