The GEO Group LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
This is a direct service position providing a full range of services directed toward the therapeutic care and rehabilitation of adolescent or delinquent substance abusers. Incumbent participates in the planning, organization and delivery of cross-disciplinary services, (i.e., case work, counseling, specialized treatment, drug court, etc.) according to individual skills and abilities.
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling under the direction of a Clinical Supervisor; performance includes intensive outpatient and outpatient group counseling, home/community-based individual and family counseling, teaching life skills, case management, and crisis intervention.
- Prepares individualized treatment plans, monthly progress reports and weekly court reports on client’s acceptance to treatment, behavior, attitude, achievement, education, and overall progress in the program.
- Interacts closely with court staff to insure overall treatment goals and educational outcomes are accomplished.
- Participates in a cross-disciplinary treatment team and attends in- service training.
- Provides screening and assessment; including diagnosis, when appropriate to scope of practice, for adult client population.
- Serves as a liaison with external contacts such as probation officers, family members, and internal contacts with other Abraxas employees, case management staff, quality assurance staff, etc.
- Facilitates court review meetings.
- Completes file reviews in accordance with ODADAS and The Joint Commission Accreditation Guidelines
- Conducts peer reviews and record reviews.
- Works to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.