G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. Site Security Supervisor (San Antonio, TX) in San Antonio, Texas
G4S, the world’s leading private security organization, has an immediate career opportunity Site Security Supervisor! Named by Fortune as one of the 100 most admired companies, we provide security for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, banks, hospitals, factories, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more. Whether you’re looking for entry level, management, sales, or executive careers G4S has a career opportunity for you that will offer job security, excellent pay and benefits, and advancement opportunities.
As a Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services for a client’s site. In this role, you will:
- Oversee that all aspects of the security function on-site is performed in a diligent manner (staffing, scheduling, and on-site training all G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. personnel assigned to his/her site).
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met.
- Maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S.
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel assigned to his/her site.
- Perform other operations related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, issue uniforms, coordinate fleet vehicles, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders).
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision.
- Respond to client requests.
What does it take to qualify for this great opportunity? We’re looking for professional detail-oriented individuals with a talent for effectively assessing/evaluating situations and identifying critical issues.
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
Here’s the minimum you’ll need to be a successful Site Supervisor:
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must be able to pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
You will also need to possess one or more of the following:
- Service in the active duty military, military reserves, or National Guard
- Service in Auxiliary Police or Police Cadets
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful supervisory experience in security-related industry
- Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
You also need to possess the following skills:
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
*Environment: *Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
*Major activity: *Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; driving; standing
*Physical efforts to carry out job duties: *Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace*
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
Job Reference: SS48346
Number of Positions: 2
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $13.25 - $13.25
Location: San Antonio, Texas
G4S Region: Americas
Country: United States
G4S Business Unit: Secure Solutions
Closing Date: February 27, 2017