Wolf Creek Federal Services Safety & Security Advisor / Driver in SAN BERNARDINO, California
Who we are and what we do..
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Responsible for performing alarm and patrol duties in assigned areas to protect life and property against theft, misappropriation, vandalism, fire, flood, or similar disaster. Provide vehicle transportation support function under direction of supervisor in compliance with government, corporate and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Ensure the physical security of buildings and property by checking doors, windows, lights, electrical appliances, equipment, locks, and emergency equipment. Maintain log of findings and corrective action taken.
- Assist in reception functions and maintaining the visitor control area. Act as telephone operator as required.
- Respond to fire alarms, take necessary steps to report fires, assist in suppressing fires, and reset fire alarm equipment.
- Monitor and direct urinalyses and Breathalyzer as required.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Transport students to work-based sites, college, airport and other activities.
- Assist in transporting ill or injured students as required.
- Operate light trucks, buses and passenger vehicles; transport passengers and/or packages. Successfully participate in mandatory DOT CDL drug and alcohol testing program. Ensure adherence to established schedules.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices and OSHA standards. Ensure proper student/visitor checkout and procedures are followed.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center, which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills, mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of Center staff and students.
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and ability to work in a safe manner, using any required personal protective equipment (PPE) as may be required.
- Compliance with company standard operating procedures and personnel policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One (1) year experience with an organized security department, law enforcement agency, or experience with security duties.
- Must be able to obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) within 90 days of employment
- Obtain and maintain mandatory DOT/CDL medical certification.
- Successfully pass and participate in the mandatory DOT/CDL drug and alcohol testing program.
- Successfully pass any background check and/drug test required on the contract.
- Previous experience in law enforcement.
- Training with an organized security department.
Primary Location: US-California-SAN BERNARDINO
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: AXI10031
Req ID: AXI10031