FleishmanHillard Managing Supervisor Corporate Reputation, San Francisco in San Francisco, California
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
The San Francisco office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Managing Supervisor to join our corporate reputation practice. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned professional to work in a fast-paced environment with collaborative teams on corporate storytelling and media relations, brand-building, reputation management, corporate social responsibility initiatives, and multi-stakeholder communications.
- Responsibilities include developing and executing integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of corporate reputation, with overall responsibility for account planning and supervision.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with traditional and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for clients, and work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
- 6+ years of experience in corporate communications, with a deep background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, business media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience, is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about corporate responsibility and/or global impact and highly motivated to work with clients in these areas.
- Broad technology business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Proven success working with trade and national business media and bloggers. Experience in mobile/telecommunications and/or enterprise hardware and software is preferred. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- High proficiency in recognizing and applying global and regional social, economic and policy trends that may impact current and future clients.
- A strong understanding of digital communications and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.