FleishmanHillard Managing Supervisor Healthcare, San Francisco in San Francisco, California
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard’ s San Francisco office is seeking an entrepreneurial, self-starting Managing Supervisor to join our growing healthcare team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a PR professional with a passion for healthcare-related public relations and communications to work closely with FH senior management, and assist healthcare clients with their external public relations and communications activities. This individual will face a broad array of challenges including reputation management, advocacy relations, media relations, and marketing communications for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help manage budgets and forecasts, oversee projects and clients, and contribute to new business proposals and opportunities.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality deliverables, including plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Drive communications campaigns with healthcare and trade media; develop strong traditional and social media relationships as well as relationships with third-party influencers.
- Provide team member management and development.
- Minimum 6-8 years of healthcare communications experience in an agency setting.
- Previous experience managing product communications for healthcare-related products and brands, with knowledge of the healthcare industry and its regulatory environment.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, for the purpose of formulating client recommendations and counsel.
- Experience managing tem members, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple clients’ budgets.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of third-party organizations, including healthcare professionals and patient associations.
- Candidate should have deep understanding of the media environment and established media contacts: healthcare trade, national, spokespersons, with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate medical information into lay language.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing public relations plans and the ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs within budget.
- Experience with new digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and handle changing needs of clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.