Washington State DSHS Intake Social Service Specialist in Seattle, Washington
Do you want to help make a difference in a child's life? We are looking for passionate and culturally competent Intake Social Service Specialists to serve with the Intake Unit located in downtown Seattle, Washington. You will have the opportunity to make a difference by responding to child abuse and neglect, protecting children from harm and supporting families to reduce the risk of future harm to children. When you receive reports from professionals and concerned citizens alerting them to issues around a child's welfare, you will initiate an investigation to determine if a child has been or is at risk of being harmed. You will also assess the child's and family's needs or engage in other interventions to support the family's efforts to provide a safe, nurturing environment for their children.
Other aspects of this position include:
- Interviewing referrers and document information received including asking clarifying questions; obtaining details and assessing the information provided.
- Conducting a thorough data search by using a variety of complex application systems to obtain additional pertinent information, to assist in assessing risk and protective factors and determine screening decision.
- Consulting with supervisor on all intakes regarding children needing emergent response due to current threats of danger and risk of imminent harm.
- Creating Intakes/Case Notes and document all pertinent information.
- Documenting all Adult Protective Services calls received on the End Harm line into daily activity log.
- As necessary, record placement information of all children placed on placement logs.
Report all fatalities to the duty supervisor and assists in completing critical incident reports. Here's what we're looking for: We are seeking professional who have one year of social service experience which includes assessing risk and safety to children, and providing direct family-centered practice services and one of the following:
One year of experience as a Social Service Specialist 2.
- A Bachelor's Degree in social services, human services, behavioral science and a related field and three years of paid social service experience.
- A Master's Degree in social services, human services, behavioral science or a related field and two years of paid social service experience (a practicum, within the Master's program, may be substituted for one year of paid social service experience) Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday 7:00am - 5:00pm
Interested Applicants: Complete your application specifying your work experience. Please be prepared to provide a copy of your college transcripts to verify degree information. Applicants may provide transcripts with application or transcripts may be requested by hiring team at a later date.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at 360-725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09889 QG80
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/6/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,627.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - Downtown Business, WA