Washington State FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST 3 in Seattle, Washington
Are you looking to start a rewarding career?
We're seeking Financial Services Specialists to work in our King North Community Services Office in Seattle, WA. This is an In-Training opportunity for Financial Services Specialists 1, 2, or 3. All levels of the FSS series are encouraged to apply.
Come join our team, determine eligibility for all public assistance programs by independently conducting interactive interviews, obtaining and reviewing information, and making final eligibility decisions based on the information obtained. You'll enter all case actions into the appropriate computer program.
Some of what you'll be doing
- Conduct intensive interviews to determine eligibility for financial, Medical and/or food assistance benefits
- Answer all questions regarding benefits or available services
- Explain program requirements, application procedures, and verification needs
- Determine eligibility for expedited services
- Obtain and review necessary data, documentation and verification for Federal or State assistance as it relates to the individual's specific circumstance
- Process all case actions in accordance with Federal and State processing and accuracy requirements
- Analyze oral and written information to determine accurate benefits and continued program eligibility
- Compute and initiate overpayments and client notifications when necessary
- Issue supplemental financial and basic food benefits when appropriate to correct under issuances
What we're looking for
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office, and the flexibility to complete multiple assignments while meeting performance standards
- Ability to apply technical regulations and procedures Who should apply? Individuals possessing a combination of education and experience as listed below:
FSS1 | Range 36 | $2,544-$3,287 Professionals who possess a bachelor's degree, or who have experience examining/processing loan applications, medical insurance or rehabilitation claims, unemployment insurance claims, or in a customer service job where the major duties involve public contact, or a job providing staff support in financial eligibility determination will substitute, year for year, for education. Or one year of equivalent out-of-state experience conducting financial eligibility determination for public assistance to include financial, medical and food stamp programs.
FSS2 | Range 42 | $2,925-$3,807 Professionals with six months of experience as a Financial Services Specialist 1, and completion of the agency's Financial Services Specialist Training Program. Or one year of equivalent out-of-state experience conducting financial eligibility determination for public assistance to include financial, medical and food stamp programs. Or equivalent education/experience.
FSS3 | Range 45 | $3,140-$4,109 Professionals with nine months of experience as a Financial Services Specialist 2. Or fifteen months of experience as a Financial Services Specialist and satisfactory completion of the agency's Financial Services Specialist Training Program. Or equivalent education/experience.
Questions? Please contact the Recruiter, Chris Williams , and reference 10450. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10450 YR37 WM94 XP34
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/30/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,544.00 - $4,109.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle, WA