Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Women's Non-Apparel Fashion Director
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for talented and forward thinking people to support overall fashion trend direction for Nordstrom.
The women's non-apparel fashion director creates and directs a seasonal fashion point of view that delivers against the business strategy via trend relevant, customer centric, commercial information.
* Create and direct the fashion POV in line with strategic initiatives (business plan) for a specific division
* Lead the Seasonal Vision” of WWSF to every channel NPG/NMG/Marketing for a specific division
* Provide clear direction to the functions of Product Development, Buying and Marketing via management of specific trend service tools and processes.
* Provide support, guidance, and inspiration to the division via expert knowledge, excellent communication and strong partnership
* Provide the Fashion Voice” for division internally, externally and customer facing fashion communication in line with Nordstrom Brand voice.
* Advise on new brand acquisition
* Serve as the Fashion Authority” on strategic collaborations, as appropriate
* Participate and contribute in all aspects of development and elevation of company design/creative community
* Hire and manage an efficient team of managers that meets the needs of the brand teams
* Coach team through performance feedback, goal-setting and development plans
* Define performance metrics for evaluating department and staff efficiency
* Partner with leadership and other groups to ensure alignment on priorities and direction
Anticipate future business changes and challenges and proactively develop new or revised solutions
* Direct the preparation of annual budgets to align with Company goals
Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Merchandising or Marketing
Minimum 15 years experience in Fashion industry required, 10yrs at Management level.
Women's accessories or footwear experience required
Experience leading influential or corporate design teams with diverse and broad products, and/or channels.
Ability to translate extensive knowledge of consumer and market trends and opportunities into successful design strategy
Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to FortuneTM magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.