Washington State DSHS Registered Nurse in Selah, Washington
People with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families are valued citizens of the State of Washington. Within the Department of Social and Heath Serves, the Developmental Disabilities Administration strives to develop and implement public policies that will promote individual worth, self-respect, and dignity such that each individual is valued as a contributing member of the community.
Who We Are
Yakima Valley School (YVS) is located in Selah, a bedroom community to the larger city of Yakima to the south, and sits in the beautiful Yakima Valley, surrounded by rolling hills, fruit orchards, forests, rivers and mountains which offer many recreational activities to do year round. The facility sits on 27 park-like acres and provides free parking. There are paved areas for your walking pleasure and an employee exercise/weight room located in the Administration Building,. Selah is just minutes from Yakima and, with easy freeway access, within a few hours East, or West, you can be in Spokane or Seattle.
A Meaningful Career
We are recruiting for multiple *Registered Nurse 2's *to be a part of a team of professional registered nurses, providing professional nursing services to individuals with intellectual disabilities including planning, assessing, diagnosing, implementing and evaluating nursing care and provide direction to staff.
You will perform:
- Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse 3 (RN 3), acts as unit charge nurse.
- Admits and discharges residents as ordered by physician (MD)/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP).
- Under the direction of the physician (MD)/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP), prepares, carries out, evaluates and revises treatment and nursing care plans for individual residents.
- Transcribes and carries out physician (MD)/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) orders.
- Ensure nursing care plan for each resident is followed by direct care staff.
- Reviews and revises nursing care plan as needed.
- Administers and records treatments and medications orally, rectally, internally, and gives injections and intervenous (IV) therapy per physician (MD)/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP).
- Assess residents for illness or injury and provide care and intervention as indicated.
- Monitor and record diet and bowel habits as well as seizures, menses, vital signs and behaviors and report same to physician (MD)/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) as indicated.
- Oversee care given by attendant counselor staff by providing direction, training and assistance as needed.
- Communicates with physician (MD)/Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner(ARNP), families and guardians as needed.
- Collects blood and other body fluids for laboratory tests.
- Assist Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) as needed.
- Follow standards of nursing practice and Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and Yakima Valley School standards of practice.
- Completes Phase 1 incident reports.
- Responds to emergencies.
- Contact and consult with Registered Nurse 3 (RN 3) supervisor regarding residents condition or change in condition.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
A valid Washington State license to practice as a registered, professional nurse.
*How to Apply:*
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please click the large apply button at the top of this announcement, you may need to set up an account profile. Required items/documents are listed below:
Application/Resume: Initial screening will be based on information contained in your response to a supplemental questionnaire, as well as your application profile. Please be sure to respond fully and completely to the supplemental questionnaire and submit a completed application profile, a current resume, and three professional references including at least two supervisors in the Reference section of your application. Comments such as "on file" will be considered incomplete and may not be considered to move forward in the selection process.
Proof of Education: If you do not attach proof of education to your online application you must bring proof of education at the time of interview in order to be considered for employment. Attach your legible document in the in the "Attachments" section.
Some jobs may require a full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license.Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions on this project 10241, please contact Sharon Sterling at (360) 725-5861 or via email Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10241 MPP
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,172.00 - $6,838.00 Monthly
Location: Yakima County – Selah, WA