HP Industry Designer in Shanghai, China
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. Our vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere — every person, every organization, and community around the globe.
GxD is a world class design organization within HP. Within all levels of the print ecosystem, we design iconic experiences for hardware, software, user interfaces, mobile apps and more. The fun doesn’t stop there. This team also creates end-to-end customer experiences that encompass photo creations and connected home accessories to cloud services and 3D printed objects.
Who are you? If you are a systems thinker, creative, wildly talented innovator — we need you. You will get the chance to work in every element of design, and to help us shape and impact HP’s award winning, channel leading print devices.
If you are our Principle/Lead Industrial Designer in Shanghai, you will:
• Lead overall industrial design definition, strategy and execution for HP SMB print products.
• Research, plan and produce holistic design concepts and specifications that optimize the physical design across all hardware(Ink or Laser technology).
• Gain market insights and leveraging them to drive design direction or improve existing designs. Work within this job family falls into three major categories: (1) Enhancements - changes to original design and extensions to existing programs. (2) New industrial designs (3) Strategic industrial design - new or improved design language, CMF strategy, product architecture, etc.
• Establish and maintain world-class industrial design for HP SMB Print customers, users, and partners, in partnership with HP Print design and development.
• Partner with Experience designers to establish, maintain and communicate descriptions of users, personas, and experience pillars. Manage customer knowledge and insights acquisition and application into designs.
• Establish and manage industrial design projects including schedule, resources, deliverables and reviews, in partnership with design and the SMB print development programs.
• Lead multiple project teams of designers and internal and outsourced partners responsible for all stages of industrial design and development for a portfolio of complex products and platforms, including experience/ information architecture, validation, and specifications.
• Manage and expand relationships with internal and outsourced partners on industrial design and development.
• Provide domain-specific expertise and overall industrial design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
• Drive innovation and integration of new technologies and industrial design practice into projects and activities in the design organization.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
We are looking for a high-performance team player with:
Bachelors or Master's degree in Industrial/Product Design, or equivalent.
Minimum 8-12 years’ experience developing ID strategy and designs across a range of platforms and devices.
Experience in Consumer Appliance or Printers is desirable
Advanced knowledge of Industrial Design practice, tools and techniques
Expert level of knowledge in CAD tools, with ability to author high-level surface refinement
Experienced user of rendering, visualization and graphic design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
Demonstrate strong portfolio of hardware-product ideation, sketching, exploration and refinement including product range and strategic direction skills.
Skills in relationship building, networking and influencing at senior (Director) level
Collaborative, positive outlook; Role model within a multidisciplinary team
Able to provide coaching and direction to design peers, appropriately interpreting policies, strategies and strategic direction from design leadership and senior management.
No shift premium (China)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html