HP Manufacturing program manager in Shanghai, China
Manufacturing program manager
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
• 3D printing
• multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• tablets, phablets, notebooks
• mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
If you are Manufacturing program manager, you will have a chance to
• Leads the manufacturing ramp planning and execution for LaserJet NPIs, utilizing laserjet Product Lifecycle; Creates and owns program specific plans and ensures plans are, documented, understood, agreed to and implemented by all partners. Leads cross-functional team to identify interdependencies, risks and potential issues. Works with team to proactively develop contingencies. Leads resolution of issues, documents and updates the project plan of record through out the program.
• Leads and coordinates product specific supply chain initiatives for delivering supply chain savings for responsible programs. Provides guidance, support and coaching to help team understand the total program perspective. Sets priorities and helps make trade-offs within the established plan of record. Identifies owners and resolution timeframe for all MPM deliverables. Ensures program or issue communication to both team members and other interested parties including laserjet management.
• Drives design for manufacturing (DFx) requirements and Lessons learned into Future Product R&D teams utilizing regional input provided in DFx Handbook. Ensures DFx opportunities are identified and, if agreed to, implemented. Works to communicate DFx plan to regions, escalating where appropriate to ensure proper program decisions are made.
• Proactively identifies risks and potential problems. Ensures contingency plans are created, recommending alternatives and trade-offs. Ensures that appropriate MPM Team Member, manager, or laserjet organization makes necessary decisions.
• Ensures quick and efficient resolution of unplanned obstacles by influencing the appropriate laserjet Product Generation, Supply Chain and/or WW Regional partner, as required, through the timely escalation of problems to higher management. Where a higher level of decision making is required provides management with sufficient program information as necessary to make good business decisions concerning escalated issues.
• Assesses program/issue resolution, team performance and progress, providing timely status communications to management. Prepares and communicates status information as necessary for management review.
• Utilizes existing HP project management and IPG issue resolution processes such as the product life cycle, Shipment Hold/Release and SWAT, conducting post-mortems to recommend process improvement. Develops, documents, and shares best practices/processes to facilitate improvements in existing infrastructure and job requirements.
• Builds, maintains and enhances LaserJet Product Knowledge. Keeps abreast of potential issues and problems by informally networking with key partners in the LaserJet Product Generation and Supply chain organizations as well as Quality Program Mgrs within the Customer Assurance organization.
• Influences LaserJet Product Generation, Supply Chain, and Customer Experience teams to ensure that future business needs are met.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent
• Manufacturing work experience and PMP/PMI certification preferred
• Minimum 6-10 years experience with new product development
to be successful you should be:
• Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
• Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
No shift premium (China)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html