U.S. Army Medical Command Medical Support Assistant (OA) in SHAPE, Belgium
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- SHAPE, Belgium
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (9 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (1 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at SHAPE, Belgium. SHAPE is the Supreme Headquarters of Allied Powers in Europe. Allied Command Operations (ACO) is one of NATO's two strategic military commands. It is responsible for all Alliance operations wherever it may be required. The surrounding area is rural with other cities within 30 minutes drive. The base is in central Belgium with the Netherlands, Luxemburg, France, and Germany within a day's drive; the United Kingdom is also easily accessible via ferry or chunnel. The base is small but offers most amenities provided by larger installations. The average weather is mild with little extremes of hot or cold seasonal conditions.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants in the local commuting area who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities. Applicants eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 may apply regardless of geographical location. Applicants eligible under Current Civilian Army Employee may apply regardless of geographical location.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
**Attention NAF Employees. You must provide DA Forms 3434 for verification of eligibility.
**Attention AAFES Employees. You must provide a copy of your employment history form for verification of eligibility. A Certificate of Assignment (COA) is not an acceptable proof of eligibility.
You will serve as a Medical Support Assistant, performing a full range of receptionist, recordkeeping, and various clerical duties within an ambulatory setting. You will enter and retrieve medical information from various automated systems in order to coordinate patient schedules and appointments, complete patient orders for medical treatment, and maintain patient records. You will receive patients and visitors in person or telephonically and refer them to various clinical staff or services. You will obtain patient medical information and determine eligibility for care and ensure that patients complete all necessary forms prior to being seen by a provider. You will maintain patient records to include processing and filing according to regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Not Required
- Subject to mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination
- A qualified typist is required
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230
- DoD Civilian Personnel Management System:
- Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: performing administrative and/or clerical support duties such as scheduling appointments, record keeping, filing and typing, in an ambulatory setting. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Medical File Maintenance
- Medical Support
- Office Automation
Selective Placement Factor:
Typing - Any Grade: Qualified typist is required (40wpm).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definition below:
4 full years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Equivalent combination of Experience and Education are qualifying for the GS-05 level.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, U.S. Department of Education website at - http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Education can be substituted for experience. Review the qualification requirements for specific information.
Foreign Education: Education that has been completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the job requirements. In order to receive credit in the examination for your foreign education, you must have your foreign education evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education credentials. Such education must be declared the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution. Please include this information in your resume.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is therefore subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is 3 years.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Living Quarters Allowance not authorized for this position.
Salary Range: $28,262.00 to $36,740.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0679-05/05
Promotion Potential: 05
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Control Number: 453526900
Job Announcement Number: EUJU166951921826569