Washington State Licensed Practical Nurse 2- WCC in Shelton, Washington
Licensed Practical Nurse 2 (LPN2)
* FULL-TIME and On-Call / Intermittent Washington Corrections Center (WCC) Shelton, WA*
The Department of Corrections is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for the position of Licensed Practical Nurse 2 (LPN2) FULL-TIME and On-Callfor Washington Corrections Center (WCC) located in Shelton, WA. This announcement may be used to fill other full-time vacancies if they occur during this posting period.
FULL TIME SHIFT: 0000-0830 Thursday/Friday off
Washington Corrections Center (WCC) is located 35 miles west of Olympia, the state capital. WCC is the Reception and Diagnostic Center, a close-custody facility with the primary responsibility to process, test, and classify all adult male felons sentenced to prison in Washington State. The facility has seven living units and houses 1,700 offenders. There are about 500 offenders screened and assessed each month. WCC is also the major hub for transfer of offenders to and from facilities throughout the state.
Under general supervision, on an assigned shift, and as an experienced licensed practical nurse, provides practical nursing care and treatment services in a facility including:
- Screening, assessing, and evaluating offenders and the conditions where they live and work to ensure that they are well, safe and their health care continuous;
- Collaborates and triages with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to develop comprehensive plans to provide continuity of care;
- Delivering services which promote health, foster healing and support coping and adjustment to various health conditions;
- Planning transition, making referrals and arranging follow-up when patients transfer or return to the community;
- Assisting patients in improving their skill and ability to provide care for themselves and their family;
- Counseling, consulting, teaching, advising, and providing health information that improves quality of health services and/or enhances safety and security.
On-call / intermittent staff are expected to:
- Be available to work all shifts (day, swing and graveyard) including weekends and holidays as requested.
- Be willing to work a minimum of 12 shifts a month.
- Provide written availability by the 10th of each month for the following month's coverage.
- Be willing to complete a paid six-week correctional worker CORE training. Qualifications
Initial and continuous unblemished/unrestricted licensure in the State of Washington as a Licensed Practical Nurse (or the ability to obtain), ANDone year experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Department of Corrections Core Competencies for All Employees: Safety Treats Others with Respect and Courtesy, Dependability, Accountability, Judgment and Problem Solving, Leadership, Communication, Relationship Building, and Ethics and Integrity.
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (360) 407-5741. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Various Job Types
Job Number: 2016-WCC-LPN2
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,036.30 - $3,953.28 Monthly
Location: Mason County – Shelton, WA