Fairmont Commis Cook, Mikuni in Singapore, Singapore
Commis Cook, Prego
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as Commis Cook will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Strategically located in the heart of Singapore’s shopping, dining and entertainment districts and with the City Hall Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train station and other major transportation nodes at its doorstep, Fairmont Singapore and Swissôtel The Stamford are the gateway to explore Singapore’s landscapes at your convenience. With a total of 2,030 well-appointed guestrooms, both hotels offer a distinct collection of 15 lifestyle and dining choices, cutting-edge meeting space at Raffles City Convention Centre and one of Asia’s largest spas, Willow Stream Spa.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef De Cuisine, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Help to stock up the kitchen with raw materials and ingredients on a daily basis.
- Master all basic cooking methods like cutting of vegetables, potatoes, etc
- Prepare daily mis-en-place for the assigned station.
- Help and prepare food items as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimising wastage.
- Correctly use, clean and maintain all equipment within the food production area.
- Promptly report any hazards, unsafe working conditions or equipment which requires repair or maintenance to immediate supervisor.
- Attend roll calls and weekly meeting conducted by the Chef De Cuisine
- Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times.
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
Minimum Primary Education
Prior experience in a hotel will be an advantage
At least 1 to 2 years of experience
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Fairmont Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 01.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: RTP00579