Swagelok Welder-Level2 in Solon, Ohio
At this level the operator shall be proficient at their job with only limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes. This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the process running by making appropriate
adjustments to correct the problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To operate welding equipment within both cellular and non-cellular work environments. Position requires the ability to learn multiple types of welding and test equipment (Swagelok power supplies, Swagelok standard/micro weld heads, dual/single chuck weld lathes,
leak detection equipment, bore scope, VAC Dri-Train, Comparator, buffing wheels, and appropriate inspection gages). Print reading ability is required. The ability to trouble shoot and make appropriate judgment calls based on experience is required. The welder
must demonstrate a high attention to detail, that is balanced by the ability to meet production demands.
• Makes sound decisions, on his/her own, to make adjustments when needed
• Performs the safety and housekeeping standards in this area and daily and weekly maintenance on the equipment
• Uses the necessary controls for weld parameter adjustments
• Accurately adjusts of torch, gas lines and fixturing
• Makes accurate speed settings
• Performs the required in process inspections
• Uses shop geometry and complex gages required for current part including use of the comparator
• Can identify the electrode that needs to be changed
• Changes routine tooling
• Can successfully setup and operate equipment with minimal assistance
• Cleans/Inspects welding equipment accessories
• Recognizes and complies with all applicable Swagelok procedures
• Understands QN (Quality Notification) paperwork and procedure
• Uses PVD (Primary Visual Display) and schedule boards
• Understands standard work and work flows
• Does not experience excessive down time and/or ask for help due to elementary problems that were overlooked
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• High school or equivalent
• Shop floor experience
• Experience with Nickel-based and other exotic alloys
• Basic understanding of manufacturing prints and products.
• Basic computer skills.
• Basic shop math – ability to do simple calculations such as stack-ups
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Understanding of gages including calipers, go/ no-go, and comparator
• A general knowledge of SAP is preferred.
Customer Focus • Is able to meet due dates in processes they are responsible for
• Will let supervisor know when there is a problem
• Willing to put in extra effort to meet customer needs
Reliability and Integrity • Takes responsibility for personal performance
• Can be counted on to do what needs done with little follow-up
Flexibility • Willing to work in other departments or sites
• Shows enthusiasm and has a good attitude when asked to learn other jobs
• Is open to new ideas
Teamwork • Values, solicits, and utilizes input from others
• Looks for ways to help out
Communication • Provides information to the next shift or to others in the company
• Participates in meetings and will ask questions when something is not clear
Accountability • Sets a good example for others by demonstrating desired behavior
• Takes action and makes the right decisions to get the job done
• Supports Swagelok business goals
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Good vision: Must be able to sustain effective visual inspection over an 8-hour shift.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests
• Lifting: Maybe lifting up to 25lbs. frequently
• Manual dexterity: : Must demonstrate manual dexterity required to properly handle products and gages
• Sitting/ Standing: May be required to sit or stand 8 hours per day. Must be able to move throughout the shop floor to gather samples, move parts, etc.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans
with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
Swagelok will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that either party
is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no reason.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.