Fairmont Sous Chef (Pastry) in Southampton, Bermuda
Pastry Sous Chef__
Exceptional service and cuisine are hallmarks of the Fairmont Hotels & Resorts dining experience. As Pastry Sous Chef, the creativity and culinary skills you bring to the Pastry team will create spectacular desserts that bring a delectable end to every memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Pastry Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:* *
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Leading and supervising the quality and quantity of the Pastry Department, as well as coordinate the production as it relates to banquet and restaurant functions
- Conducting daily shift briefings to Colleagues in absence of Executive Pastry Chef
- Assisting in the development of new dessert, pastry and bread products
- Adhering to payroll costs and productivity within budgeted guidelines
- Providing training for Pastry Colleagues
- Ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Following kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Following all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or Certificate from a recognized culinary discipline required
- 6 years experience working in all areas of a hotel kitchen; 2 of which performing in a leadership role in pastry production required
- Working knowledge of sugar work/chocolate skills an asset
- Excellent creative, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written; fluent in English)
- Strong supervisory, financial management, and problem solving skills; able to provide effective training
- Ability to work efficiently and cohesively as part of a team, under pressure in a fast paced multi cultural diverse environment within deadlines
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent bending, lifting, carrying, stretching, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending/descending stairs, ramps
- Using elevators
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Bermuda-Southampton-The Fairmont Southampton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 30.Apr.2017, 9:59:00 PM
Req ID: SHP01526