J&J Family of Companies Senior Patent Counsel in Spring House, Pennsylvania
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel, to be located at the Janssen Research & Development campus in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Oncology ranks as one of the largest, fastest growing oncology companies in the pharmaceutical industry. It has a robust portfolio of commercial products, including Imbruvica®, Zytiga®, Darzalex® and Velcade®, as well as an exciting pipeline of new products in development.
This Senior Patent Counsel position will primarily support the pharmaceutical sector of Johnson & Johnson, and more specifically, the oncology business of the Janssen operating companies. The position will report to an Assistant General Counsel - Patents. The successful candidate will provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate analysis, rendering opinions, managing outside counsel, drafting and negotiating license and research collaboration agreements, due diligence support for business development and client counseling. Applicant will regularly make presentations and interact with the business with regard to patent and intellectual property related contractual matters. Add description of oncology.
• An undergraduate degree in a pharmaceutical or biotechnological related science is required, with a preference for an advanced degree.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of law firm or corporate law department experience is required.
• The ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners is required.
• Capability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management is required.
• A demonstrated competency in the field of biotechnology and a working knowledge of pharmaceutical chemistry is required.
• Substantive experience with research, development, and commercialization of biologics, such as monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic proteins, and ability to support small molecule products and small molecule prosecution is preferred to enable candidates to support both small and large molecule programs.
• Experience drafting and prosecuting biotechnology-related and/or small molecule patent applications is preferred. Will consider other technical backgrounds where candidate has demonstrated competencies in the pharmaceutical or biologic arts.
• Experience in the rendering of patentability and non-infringement opinions is required.
• Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting and negotiation is preferred.
• Travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)