Fairmont Hotel Cost Controller in St Andrews, United Kingdom
Hotel Cost Controller
At Fairmont St Andrews the Hotel Cost Controller will ensure the efficient stock management of all areas of the business, minimising stock holding whilst ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained. Check and oversee the checking of all deliveries into the hotel to ensure they are as per the authorised purchase order and of appropriate standard. Perform price checking to ensure best prices are achieved at all times.
Hotel Overview: Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offeringa resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Manage the team for which you are responsible and ensure that they are trained and monitored to carry out the Company’s processes
- On daily basis ensure security of the storage and receiving areas under your control
- To provide HOD’s with accurate delivery note details in order to establish purchasing accruals at the end of the accounting periods.
- To maintain department stock requirements, identifying shortages in advance and ensuring an order is placed.
- To check, weigh, temp probe and store all deliveries prior the hotel
- Ensure all credit notes are requested and received and delivery notes correspond correctly to orders with the correct pricing.
- To check all store rooms are clean at all times
- To review purchase requisitions considering issues such as lead times, standardization, quantity discounts, and purchasing budgets
- Conduct market price surveys in coordination with HODs to ensure best pricing
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Accounting designation or enrollment required.
- Previous hotel experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Financial systems, Opera, Micros, POS, Excel.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements:Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Kingdom-St Andrews-Fairmont St Andrews
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 12.Feb.2017, 6:59:00 PM
Req ID: SAB00890