Fairmont Meet & Greet Assistant in St Andrews, United Kingdom
Golf Meet and Greet Assistant
The Meet and Greet Assistant's purpose is to create a memorable golfing experience for all our visitors and hotel guests, by providing engaging service and welcoming golfers to Fairmont St Andrews and ensure guests are familiar with the location of all facilities.
Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offeringa resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Golf Operations Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To provide excellence in guest service at all times.
- Meet and greet golfers who visit the courses at Fairmont St Andrews so they feel welcome.
- Provide a quick show around for first time visitors so they are familiar with all facilities available.
- Where possible assist golfers with equipment from bag drop area up to the pro-shop.
- Ensure outside front area of clubhouse is presented to a high standard at all times.
- Assist outside operations staff in maintaining tidiness of driving range and short game areas.
- Start golf groups from the 1st tee ensuring all relevant information is provided (by prior notice).
- Assist outside services staff setting up golf bags on rental items.
- Attend training courses which are deemed necessary for the performance of the role
- Comply with any reasonable instruction issued by your Manager.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Kingdom-St Andrews-Fairmont St Andrews
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 28.Jan.2017, 6:59:00 PM
Req ID: SAB00928