FleishmanHillard Benefits Specialist, St. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard Inc., a leading global communications agency, is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We operate throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America through our 80 owned offices. For more than 60 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on our clients’ performance. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is the foundation of our distinguished status in the industry.
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a full-time Benefits Specialist to join its dynamic Talent Development team in St. Louis. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented person with project management, communication and analytical skills. The Benefits Specialist will participate in and support a corporate wide comprehensive benefit program and work at the business level to administer eligibility, annual enrollment, vendor relations, benefit issues management, and communication & compliance around ERISA and ACA.
- Assist in compliance efforts for ERISA and ACA, including drafting communications, holding training sessions, providing reference tools, and implementing process improvements where necessary
- Assist in management of U.S. annual enrollment process
- Manage Leave of Absences including: FMLA paperwork, coordination of benefits and paid time off, data updates into HRIS via weekly reports, and STD approval tracking
- Act as liaison for benefit vendors and third party administrators for health and welfare plans, global employee assistance plan and global security/travel plan; providing information as requested, managing vendor requests, and helping to resolve employee issues where needed
- Provide counsel to employees and Talent Development team members regarding benefit eligibility, COBRA, plan coverage, and other benefit-related information as needed
- Other benefit responsibilities, as assigned
The Benefits Specialist works as part of the Talent Development Center of Excellence team to solve business problems through talent solutions. This position will also have the opportunity to work across multiple functions of Talent Development and participate in a wider reach of HR-related projects. Additional areas could include: employee engagement, global mobility, performance management, employee onboarding, and OFCCP/AAP compliance.
Candidates should have the following:
- 2-3 years of experience working in a benefits role, and at least 1 year in managing medical/maternity leave of absences
- College degree or equivalent
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of FMLA/STD, COBRA, and employee benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k))
- Understanding of ACA and ERISA compliance regulations
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with ADP and PeopleSoft HRIS systems would be a plus
- Experience in other areas of HR is also a plus, including: employee engagement, global mobility, performance management, employee onboarding and OFCCP/AAP compliance
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of DAS, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: Specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.