FleishmanHillard Managing Supervisor Crisis and Corporate Issues, St. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The Power of True, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
The St Louis office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening in our Public Affairs practice for an energetic, self-starting Managing Supervisor with a strong background in issues/crisis communications and writing for senior executives. The Managing Supervisor will work with clients to develop the infrastructure needed to anticipate, prepare for and respond to corporate issues and crises across a variety of client industries. The Managing Supervisor will also be a key developer of written content for senior executives.
- Development and implementation of crisis communications plans and their supporting materials including; releases, bylined articles, internal and external statements, letters and communication materials for companies. facing a variety of corporate issues.
- Know the issues that directly and indirectly affect clients, including the broad issues relevant to clients’ industries.
- High-level media relations and thought leadership, including building and maintaining relationships with reporters key to clients’ success.
- Leadership of government relations/affairs initiatives on behalf of clients.
- Collaboration with team leads across the FH network, including various geographies, practice areas and industry sectors (including manufacturing, cybersecurity, agriculture, financial services, etc.)
- Managing junior account teams and helping to mentor/coach new talent.
- Managing multiple client contact relationships and delivering according to individual contact needs.
- Handling financial aspects of the business to help ensure client projects are completed on budget and on time.
- 7+ years of public relations agency or corporate communications experience, with an emphasis on issues and/or crisis communications.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- A proven ability to develop compelling, insight-based strategic proposals and present them effectively and persuasively.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier news and business media and well-developed skills in building and maintaining media relationships.
- Experience pitching issues, business and corporate stories to top-tier and trade media outlets.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- An ability to work well within a team environment, complementing senior leads and managing junior staff.
- A proven ability to manage large, multi-faceted projects.
- Experience with digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of DAS, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.