Express Scripts Sr. Sales Director in St. Louis, Missouri
Job ID: REQ20004815
The primary function of the Sr. Sales Director is to manage the sales process in their territory for prospective groups and strategic existing account renewals. The sales process includes the development and execution of strategies and/or tactics in the following areas; Territory Planning, Pre-RFP Prospecting and Relationship Development, Proposal Development, Pricing Development, Presentation Development and Delivery (finalist or other), Negotiations, Closing and Contracting. Success will be measured by achievement of sales targets in the following areas: Net New Lives/Scripts, Profitability Goals and Other Key Work plan Objectives assigned to Sales Director.
- Manages all RFP responses, finalist meetings, and the contracting process for any deals won. Activities include significant work with internal cross functional teams.
- Accountable for annual sales planning for assigned territory, including the development of an overall sales strategy along with a tactical plan structured to ensure that sales targets are met. Executes on sales strategy and tactical plan to meet yearly sales targets
- Builds relationships with intermediaries with the goal of obtaining more RFPs and increasing win rates. Works to get in front of prospects prior to the RFP process to build relationships and improve win rates.
- Work in the field with the field reps to assist them with achieving their goals, and how to establish workflows with operations to maximize potential.
- Communicate with the field reps as to company performance, individual performance; assist them with guidance as to how to deal with client issues. Coordinate ongoing training sessions to assist them with their daily work.
- Works on special projects and tasks forces as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree - Other: General Studies (Required)
- Years of Relevant Work Experience 12 - 16 Years
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of the specific market’sbrokers and consultants within the employee benefits self-insurancemarketplace and the PBM industry
- Adept at identifying prospects and developing key relationships
- Proven ability to consistently generate a high level of sales
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments to gain consensus and move projects and initiatives forward
- Ability to travel
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Sales & Account Management is the company’s key
interface with prospects and clients. Sales & Account Management is
organized by market segment, and it provides consultative support to plan
sponsors through benefit design recommendations and clinical expertise. Sales
& Account Management is primarily accountable for growing the company’s
gross margin and membership base.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.