FleishmanHillard Vice President Healthcare, St. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
We have an immediate opportunity at our global headquarters office in St. Louis for an experienced communications professional with proven experience in media relations, public policy, healthcare, issues management, and advocacy programs.
FleishmanHillard St. Louis, the firm’s worldwide headquarters, is one of the largest public relations offices in the world. We deliver integrated communications solutions to clients that draw on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including public affairs, healthcare, B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial services, internal communications, issues and crisis management, technology and research The St. Louis office has depth in each of these communications practices and works closely with offices in the U.S. Central Region – Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, Minneapolis/St. Paul -- along with our other 80 offices across the world to form teams that deliver seamless service and effective results for our clients.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day media relations strategy, project management, oversight of integrated communications programs for a variety of clients. He or she will frequently work with account teams from other FH offices and agencies who work in partnership with FleishmanHillard.
This individual’s success will be measured by client satisfaction; development of successful, high-impact programs; the ability to work as an effective leader and collaborative team member; and the ability to serve as a creative, thoughtful source of current best practices in all aspects public affairs communications.
Just a few of the things we're looking for:
- A seasoned PR professional with experience developing and implementing strategic communications programs for healthcare clients, re: corporations, providers, organizations and advocacy groups.
- An innovative communications professional who excels at developing integrated communications programs, using both digital and traditional solutions.
- A solid writer able to represent the agency as a thought leader through speaking engagements or publications.
- Develop and lead both local and national media relations strategies and outreach efforts in support of key client objectives.
- Foster insights and best practices regarding media relations, sharing with other team members.
- Build strong relations both internally and externally with reporters, agency clients, account staff and group leaders.
- Oversee projects – demonstrating management and fiscal responsibility.
- Participate in brainstorming and creative sessions.
- 8-10 years of communications experience at a public relations agency, in a corporate communications, or government relations role
- Experience pitching local and national news media possess a high level of energy, enthusiasm and passion for what we do, as well as creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
- Committed to consistently meeting and exceeding the highest-quality standards of client service.
- Ability to write clearly and package recommendations persuasively.
- Ability to create and deliver compelling presentations.
FleishmanHillard, one of the world’s leading communications agencies, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.