SoSi Senior Instructor/Advisor in Stuttgart, Germany
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-160923-4656: Senior Instructor/Advisor
Job Category Intelligence
Duty Location Overseas - Germany - Stuttgart
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number 1-160923-4656
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a highly qualified Senior Instructor/Advisor to support intelligence information support systems training, analytical/functional skills training to USAFRICOM Partner Nations, mentoring and reporting/assessment of Partner Nation progress, to include program management, curriculum development, training, training management, training materials, and post training evaluation.
Essential Job Duties
Trains the forces. Performs one or more of the following or related tasks: 1) Works closely with the forces to provide tailored information to enhance unit effectiveness. 2) Provides sophisticated military skills and knowledge in combination with other technical skills to ensure that optimized war and contingency plans are developed. 3) Develops training plans and/or trains US forces in one or more functional areas, or in general combat skills. 4) Evaluates trainees and training plans to ensure training objectives are met.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Makes training recommendations to the commanders, management and staff allowing them to maximize training dollars, personnel, training aids and overall resources
- Coordinates internal project management, schedule training and preparation of training materials, documenting training topics and course attendance
- Review optimized war and contingency training plans to ensure contingency and standard operations support considerations are included in the planning process
- Gives training related indications and warnings to management in an effort to avoid training shortfalls and assures ready state of forces
- Prepares briefings for inclusion into training summaries
- Creates current and long-term training projections and requirements for use by military operations planners
- Creates training curriculums which are tailored specifically to needs of organization
- Top Secret/ SCI Eligibility
- BA/BS in political science, strategic studies, history, cultural studies, or African studies
- 20 years’ experience in military training
- Must possess strong working knowledge of all Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Able to travel for extended period to countries with limited medical facilities and/or care
- Able to fluently read/write/speak French
- Instructors that have either a minimum of 4-years platform experience, plus instructor certification, from a military schoolhouse or academic institution, or have successfully completed a commercial instructor skills development course are highly desired.
- Desired 10 years' military intelligence experience, other intelligence experience may be considered
- Expected to spend up to 75% of their time each year TDY, potential in austere conditions